Newport News Support Modification Lawyer

Given how difficult it can be to go through the process of securing a family court order for divorce, child custody and visitation or some other issue, everyone typically does their best to ensure that the order that is secured will work as far into the future as possible. This means including a concerted effort to anticipate and address evolving circumstances.

Unfortunately, even the best efforts at building a family law agreement in such a way as to be flexible enough for the future cannot guarantee that your divorce or child custody agreement will always be successful. When that occurs, you can ask the court to modify that agreement or enforce it. Some of the circumstances that can constitute a substantial change in circumstances that can warrant the court's involvement include:

  • Loss of income
  • Increase in income
  • Need to relocate out of state
  • Drug or alcohol abuse
  • Mental health issues

More Than 15 Years Of Dedication To Helping My Clients

I am attorney Christopher P. Reagan of the Law Office of Christopher P. Reagan, P.C. I understand that people's lives keep evolving and growing and that family law orders often fail to meet the needs they were designed for over time. When you find yourself facing a family court order that no longer reflects the reality of your circumstances or the other party to the agreement is no longer cooperating, I can help you. I can petition the court on your behalf to take action to either modify the agreement or to force the other party to honor his or her responsibilities.

The most common types of agreements that need modification or enforcement include:

If your child's other parent is not meeting his or her obligations in relation to child support, know that you can secure the representation of a private attorney to assist you before turning to the Division of Child Support Enforcement.

Contact Williamsburg Custody Enforcement Attorney Christopher P. Reagan

If the reality of your circumstances has changed substantially or if your child's other parent is no longer meeting his or her obligations, I can help you ask the court to modify or enforce your family law agreement. To schedule a free initial consultation with Newport News Modification Attorney Christopher P. Reagan, call 757-873-8773 or contact my office online.